Re: Systemd files on a Raspberry Pi

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 01:47:20AM +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> On 22/06/2015 11:49 PM, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> > Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> writes:
> >> If it quacks like a duck, it's a .... duck, plain and simple.
> >>
> >> I absolutely agree with the post that systemd is a "cancer"
> >
> > And I think Debian can do fine without people who only contribute
> > toxic behaviour. And yes, calling other projects a cancer is just
> > that.
>
> It has all the hallmarks of cancer, growing beyond itself to the
> potential death of that which it has invaded.

No. Ansgar is right here (and I say that as someone who dislikes
systemd and is not really happy about it being the default in
Debian).

Disparaging other people/projects just because you don't like them
is /not/ the way to go. Systemd is free software: thanks, systemd!

If the likes of you invested half the energy you waste flinging
mud at the systemd project/people into keeping SysV (or any of
its alternatives) viable, world would be a better place.

And yes, mud has come from the other side too, but at the moment
I've the clear impression that the trolls are winning in the
anti-systemd camp. I don't feel well there.

Let's be glad MikeeeUSA went away and please, don't try to replace
him.

Cheers
-- tomás