Re: GUIs are turning into seas of grey (gnumeric)

	Hi.

On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 09:38:30PM -0600, David Wright wrote:
> I can't understand why modern GUIs are composed of grey20 widgets
> on a grey21 background. How am I meant to know what's going to happen
> when I press Return on each of these dialogue boxes, 1­3?

Enjoy your stock GTK+3 theme. Just joking, of course.

> We used to see things more like attachment 4 only a few years ago.
> How can I get back something like that?

>From the upstream POV - you should not. They like things looking that
way (i.e. non-contrast tablet style with HUEG fonts and widgets), they
discourage users from writing their own GTK+3 themes (which *can* change
the appearance of the dialog window in question).

If you're willing to risk funny-looking GTK+3 applications - I have a
solution for this particular case:

# apt install numix-gtk-theme

$ GTK_THEME=Numix gnumeric

Setting this theme systemwide is left as an exercise for the readers.

Reco