Re: What am I missing that causes this error response from the wheezy mozilla?

On Wednesday 06 February 2019 03:10:18 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 09:42:04PM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> > tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > > I'd guess the same. But... now it gets interesting: blocked by
> > > whom? China? North Korea?
> >
> > Yes just tried
> >
> >  whois wvsto.com
> >
> > and accessible from here Europe.
> > I don't think one would block this site
>
> Name resolution isn't a problem: it's the access to the host after
> that. Tcpdump shows the SYNs going out but no ACKs arriving, it looks
> like some silly firewall rule on the way.
>
> I tried a couple of times after that (once just after I saw Brad's
> positive response from the UK) -- the results are consistent for
> me.
>
> So our rough map is: France (near Paris), Germany (Berlin): out;
> Spain (Madrid): in, UK: in.
>
> So much for basing your "security" on the IPs you see :-D
>
> Attempt at an explanation: as IPV4 gets more and more exhausted,
> we're bound to see small slivers of IPV4 space "recycled" and
> allocated to random places -- IP address to geolocation "mapping"
> becoming more and more fractal and (time-) dynamic. Admins:
> enjoy maintaining your firewall rules!
>
> Cheers
> -- tomás

Yup, I'm firmly in ipv4 country yet, and I don't know of an ipv6 facility
closer than Pittsburgh. I've used it experimentally here in my own
little domain, but currently have it turned off (I think)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)