Re: What am I missing that causes this error response from the wheezy mozilla?

On Tuesday 05 February 2019 08:13:00 didier gaumet wrote:

> Le 05/02/2019 à 14:00, Gene Heskett a écrit :
> > I checked the about:config, no java related stuff is disabled.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Hello Gene,
>
> - Java and Javascript are different things

I was using javascript as the keyword, and noscript is not installed.

> - If you have installed a Firefox extension like Noscript, it
> partially or totally disables scripts for certain languages, including
> Javascript - Have you installed Firefox from Mozilla or from the
> Wheezy repos? Firefox from Wheezy must be pretty old...

Wheezy repos. And it is old. Too many missing depends for a later
version. I reinstalled a lot of stuff including the browsers, might be a
little better this morning, the news videos aren't stalling as badly.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)