Re: USB hard drives -- recommendations?

Le 03/02/2019 à 20:05, Alexander V. Makartsev a écrit :
On 03.02.2019 23:02, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

Some 2,5" drives require more current than the 500 mA a USB 2.0 host
port can provide. Looking at my own, I read 800 mA, 1100 mA, 580 mA,
451 mA. So only one of them is below 500 mA.

I forgot to mention that fortunately, USB 3.0 is becoming more common and allows to draw more current.

The PCB can be the same, but it can be equipped with only the
controller, PHY and connector required for the destination.
No need for an adapter PCB, controller and connectors in the
enclosure. Less parts = less assembly cost.

Can you name a make\model, so I can avoid and don't recommend them,

No, sorry. The last time I opened a disk of this kind was several years ago.