Re: Fwd: error 500 when clicking bug link

jdashiel@panix.com wrote:
>On Sat, 2 Feb 2019, David Wright wrote:
>>
>> Maybe it's been fixed. When I click on that link, I arrive at
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=linux
>> which looks like:
>>
>> Debian Bug report logs: Bugs in source package linux
>>
>> Maintainers for linux are Debian Kernel Team <debian-kernel@lists.debian.org>.
>>
>> You may want to refer to the following individual bug pages: hyperv-daemons, libbpf-dev, libbpf4.19,
>libbpf4.20,
>>
>> This list goes on for ages, then after that it looks like a normal
>> bugs page. Just the saved text on the page is:
>> $ wc /tmp/wbp
>>   2505  32837 283641 /tmp/wbp
>>
>Has the O.P. logged into the website before trying to click that link?
>Usually errors in the 500 range happen because access is forbidden and
>that can happen if you're not already logged into an account with enough
>access privileges on it.

No, that's the 4xx error codes - in particular 403.

Error 500 on the bugs page for src:linux is unfortunately common. In
this case, it's a timeout on the backend retrieving and formatting all
the bugs. There are *lots*...

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?