Re: Thunderbird + Enigmail + saving draft with encryption

On 2/1/19 7:26 PM, Paul Sutton wrote:
> If you save the message,  close the compose window,  then go to Drafts,
> then reopen the message for more editing before sending the subject
> remains as "Encrypted message" and you lose the original subject header.
>
> I just wondered if this is what is meant to happen ? or is the original
> subject header supposed to be restored.  Has anyone else noticed this.
Good Day Paul,

Yep, sounds to me that it is a feature to avoid leaking your email's
metadata.  Whom discusses with who and on which topic is an
interesting information indeed, even without being able to decipher
what's inside the fold.

Not sure if it's worth the pain though, since mail servers use these
metadata to properly route your email anyway; but I may have missed
interesting novelties on autocrypt side.

Cheers,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>