Re: question about usb socket on front panel

On Fri 14 Dec 2018 at 23:29:47 (+1100), David wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 15:05, Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Bus 004 Device 002: ID 046d:c534 Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver

> The instructions for Windows and Mac for the wireless mouse
> receiver are here: https://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/unifying-pairing
> I do not know, but I wonder if you move the receiver to a different USB
> socket then perhaps it won't work until you repeat the pairing procedure,
> whatever that is on Linux.

We have three of these here at home, running 5 devices (3 mice, 2 kbd).
I've only unified them using Windows. Once done, that pairing remains
stable and workable between different USB sockets, different PCs and
different OSes (Windows/linux).

USB (and other) sockets can sometimes have contact issues, especially
on laptops, though the tiny size of this device usually makes this
not a problem.

But I've also had cases where particular sockets don't work well with
particular devices (USB sticks, caddies, DVD writers, Wifi adapters)
or with combinations of these in the same computer. But I've never
tried to run these to earth, just sticking to ways that have worked.

Cheers,
David.