Re: [OT] Howto use an environment that doesn't make use of GL for basic tasks

riveravaldez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having random freezes on my debian-testing box (normal install,
> fully updated, only fluxbox, no desktop environment) and asking on
> Nouveau's mailing-list they recommended me this:
>
> > Use an environment that doesn't make use of GL for basic tasks.
>
> Any hint on how to do this on Debian? I'm not sure what they mean...

You're already doing that. GL isn't the problem unless you're
having non-random freezes when you fire up 3D applications.

Anything visible in your logs? Does it happen more often when
your machine has been on for a longer time?

What kind of hardware do you have?

-dsr-