Doing multiple independent install w/o internet
I'm setting up a machine dedicated to *experimenting* with Debian
installs using the content of purchased sets of DVDs.
The project's goals include creating:
1. a preseed.cfg implementing *my* idea of a "minimal" install.
2. suitable meta-packages(ww?) for above.
The project's constraints/assumptions include:
1. doing repeated scratch installs w/o internet.
2. the DVDs' content will be decompressed and stored on a
My tentative procedure will be:
1. copy DVD1 to a flash drive with dd.
2. copy custom preseed.cfg to that flash drive.
3. use that flash drive for each trial install.
4. create a script to install packages not on DVD1.
1. Any problems with above?
2. Content of the Nth DVD of DVD set Q will be stored at
Is this the correct content for sources.list ?>
deb file:/media/richard/DVDsets/setQ/dvd1 stable main contrib
deb file:/media/richard/DVDsets/setQ/dvd2 stable main contrib
deb file:/media/richard/DVDsets/setQ/dvdN stable main contrib