Re: Latest kernel gives blank screen when it boots

On 12/1/18 7:05 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Frank McCormick composed on 2018-12-01 18:10 (UTC-0500):

Felix Miata wrote:

Frank McCormick composed on 2018-12-01 17:19 (UTC-0500):

Felix Miata wrote:

Frank McCormick composed on 2018-12-01 14:12 (UTC-0500):

Try purging xserver-xorg-video-intel and restarting the server. Last official release of that
driver was over 4 years ago.

But all of this is with the current kernel the one before the one which boots to a blank screen. Sven already replied to my original post
leading me to bug reports which describe whats going on here. The latest
kernel in Sid also apparently is leading to some file corruption on
ext4 systems. I think we've been chasing the rabbit down the wrong hole.
I am sticking to the second newest kernel when I run Sid.

Frank McCormick