Re: Verifying dependencins of DEB file(s)

On 11/14/2018 01:38 AM, Tomáš Golembiovský wrote:
Hi,

I need to safely install a DEB file (or set of DEB files) without
network connectivity and with tools normally present on small Debian
installation. More precisely I would either like to install the package
or leave the system in state before the attempt.

However, it seems there is no way to roll-back installation done with
dpkg in case of failure. Neither I found a way how to at least check
dependencies. The --dry-run/--simulate option does not do that. In fact,
I'm not sure what stages of the process it goes through (maybe just
verifying package integrity).

Is what I want to do possible with dpkg or other tools that are
normally in the base system?

Thanks,

     Tomas

You may be looking for apt-offline.