Troubles with my keyboard

Hi everyone,

yesterday i had  a strange trouble with my debian. my keyboard suddenly stopped working. i tried another keyboard, reboot but nothing helped. i did a restart and the mate login manager let me type in my username and password, but after the login the keyboard did not respond again.

i created another user and then it worked again, the only message i found from .xsession.log was:

-session-manager[8382]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'notify-osd.desktop': Unable to start application: Kindprozess »/usr/lib/notify-osd/notify-osd« konnte nicht ausgeführt werden (Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh

(mate-settings-daemon:8454): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -1 and height 1

(mate-panel:8462): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to PanelToplevel 0x556b5df4be90 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

(mate-panel:8462): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to PanelToplevel 0x556b5e120200 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate? Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged. Warnung der Fensterverwaltung:CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct. Warnung der Fensterverwaltung:Got a request to focus the no_focus_window with a timestamp of 0.  This shouldn't happen! [1541198036,000,xklavier.c:xkl_engine_start_listen/]     The backend does not require manual layout management - but it is provided by the application Gdk-Message: mate-volume-control-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Die Ressource ist zur Zeit nicht verfügbar) on X server :0.

Gdk-Message: evolution-alarm-notify: Fatal IO error 11 (Die Ressource ist zur Zeit nicht verfügbar) on X server :0.

Gdk-Message: mate-screensaver: Fatal IO error 11 (Die Ressource ist zur Zeit nicht verfügbar) on X server :0.

Gdk-Message: nm-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Die Ressource ist zur Zeit nicht verfügbar) on X server :0.

i tried to reinstall mate and notify-osd but the file is still missing. the new user has no such problems.

has someone a clue what's going on here ??

best regards,

steven