Re: Sound in Stretch

Joe wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 08:23:58 +0200
> deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

I also found this
http://karuppuswamy.com/wordpress/2010/10/04/how-to-get-usb-sound-adapter-0d8c000c-working-as-primary-sound-card-in-debian-linux/

When I googled, I was adviced to try without USB hub. So I directly
connected to Server without using external USB hub… but no improvement. I
don’t have any other audio device (not even internal audio card).
Debian Squeeze does not come with alsaconf utility to detect and install the
necessary modules. It is done automatically. In my case it loads all
modules and also there is no error message while starting ALSA at startup.
Then I looked at /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file. I noticed the
following at end of file.

    # Keep snd-usb-audio from beeing loaded as first soundcard
    options snd-usb-audio index=-2

I just caught the culprit. Basically these external USB sound adapters are
used as secondary audio device, the above setting prohibits USB sound
adapter being set as default device. In my case, it is a primary audio
device, so I set it’s index as 0 as shown below.

    # Keep snd-usb-audio from beeing loaded as first soundcard
    options snd-usb-audio index=0