Re: Searching and organizing emails (Re: If not "newbie" then ????)

On 08/23/2018 09:29 AM, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On Monday, August 06, 2018 10:41:48 AM Richard Owlett wrote:

I don't remember what he wrote, but, at one point, I got the idea he had a lot
of posts (emails, I presume)  that he wanted to be able to search.  And maybe
organize / index.

Yes and Yes.

I have used recol for purposes like that--it can index and do full text
searches on, among other things, mbox files.

Just took a quick look at website. Worth a closer look.

(And, for my (attempt at) an askSam workalike, I organize other data into mbox
files for easy manipulation by various tools: editors with syntax highlighting
and folding capabilities, email clients, sorting utilities, ...)

The Wikipedia entry hints at interesting.

My attempt at an askSam workalike works reasonably well for me, but is not
ready for distribution.

Someone pointed me to CherryTree. It will do nicely for a loosely related task. I'm working on extracting what I'm interested in from SeaMonkey bookmarks. Email will be a while.