Re: Using Sid (was: New `no sound' problems)

Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
> I did finally figuratively "run away" while very literally "shrieking"
> one day because there were SO MANY upgrades. I wasn't able to do both
> that and the advocacy that MUST be done from behind this keyboard
> right now. That just doesn't work on dialup... unfortunately... or I
> would still be on testing.. :)

  i used to use the debdelta package/service to speed
things up and it did help quite a bit for certain
packages but i have no idea if it is really kept up
any longer.

> The first time I did testing was for Stretch. That happened to be at
> the end of the cycle just before it became stable. It spoiled me.
> Upgrades are much rarer at that point because Developers have
> consciously put a hold on any new tweaks so as to have a product
> that's legitimately ready to wear the tag "stable".
>
> Something like that... :)
>
> BECAUSE things are getting ready to roll over again sooner than later,
> I decided this week to try another testing debootstrap. In fact, let's
> do that right now. See ya! Can't do that and chat online at the same
> time, either, dialup yada-yada.. :D
>
> Cindy :)

  ok, so perhaps the above may help, or not, i don't
think it costs much to use/install.

  songbird