Re: need help with sftp

On 2018-08-08 02:54, Fred wrote:
On 08/07/2018 12:30 PM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 12:15:34PM -0700, Fred wrote:
I need to ftp some files from a new Sid installation to either of two other computers on the network. Neither is configured for a "secure" version of
ftp and there is no reason to do that and Sid only has sftp.
If you only need an FTP client, that's easy enough.  You can use the
program "ftp" or if you want more features, you can install lftp and
use that.

The "ftp" package (which provides one of the possible /usr/bin/ftp client
programs) has standard priority, so it should be installed already.

Hi,

I am abandoning this as I found another way to transfer the files.
Thanks for the help!

the easy way to share files is to setup ssh sshd with keys with a passphrase and use scp to move the files about or putty and Winscp on windows

mick

Best regards,
Fred

--