Re: need help with sftp

On 8/7/2018 6:53 PM, Fred wrote:
Hi,

On a new Sid installation I need to ftp some files to another computer on the network.  sftp appears to be the only ftp program available.  The other computers on the network do not use ssl so the ftp connection is refused from both directions.  One computer is using vsftp under Jessie.  I don't see any option that makes sftp just do plain ordinary ftp.  Is this hopeless?

To use sftp you need to have ssh setup between the client and the server.

Basically, it will only work if both the client and server are using the same protocol.

What protocol(s) do you have available on the client and the server?

--
John Doe