Re: As seen above: use of su vs sudo

On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 11:40:29AM +0100, Joe wrote:
Why, I don't know, but the last time I installed stable, sudo was not
installed by default, and never has been in my experience. I always add
sudo and mc immediately after an installation.

If you set a root password in d-i (as it asks you to), it doesn't
install sudo. If you try to set a blank root password, it locks the root
account, installs sudo and sets up the user you created with sudo
access.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland