Re: need help with bashburn

Hi,

Jude DaShiell wrote:
> The cdrecord program uses a different library
> and that always throws dma test skipped warning.

That's a consequence of its troublesome family background.
Always waiting for an opportunity to say "You do it wrong. *Pain!*".

> I don't know what wodim uses for a library.

A copy of cdrecord's sg library as it was in 2006. Possibly with some
small modifications. (The cdrkit homepage and upstream repository is gone.
We cannot look for commit messages.)

But except with some borderline situations of dying drives or feeble
cables, the library suffices for wodim's purposes.

The deficiencies are rather with the understanding of DVD and BD
specifications. wodim treats everything like CD. This happens to work
halfways with DVD-R. With DVD+RW it relies on the tolerance of the drive
and on its own ignorance towards drive protests. DVD+R and BD-R seem
completely out of wodim's reach.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas