Re: need help with bashburn

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018, Fred wrote:

> Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 21:04:34
> From: Fred <fred@blakemfg.com>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: need help with bashburn
>
> On 08/03/2018 03:18 PM, Fred wrote:

> >> Right, and it's been a while since I ran bashburn and I had a similar
> >> error.  You have to link the iso before you can burn it with bashburn but
> >> I forget the specifics on that one.
> > Hi,
> > I tried script, partial results follow:
> > +----------------+
> > | BashBurn 3.0.1 |
> > +----------------+
> > |
> > |-(ISO Menu)
> > |  0) Burn ISO
> > |  1) Create ISO from files in /tmp/burn
> > |  2) Create ISO from CD
> > |  3) Burn DVD image
> > |  4) Mount image
> > |  5) Back
> >

> >     Your Choice? [0-5] |> 0
> > Not enabling overburn...
> > wodim: No write mode specified.
> > wodim: Assuming -tao mode.
> > wodim: Future versions of wodim may have different drive dependent
> > defaults.
> > wodim: Badly placed option. Global options must be before any track.
> > Burning failed.
> > File(s) linked/copied to /tmp/burn ?
> > +----------------+
> > | BashBurn 3.0.1 |
> > +----------------+
> > |
> > |-(ISO Menu)
> > |  0) Burn ISO
> > |  1) Create ISO from files in /tmp/burn
> > |  2) Create ISO from CD
> > |  3) Burn DVD image
> > |  4) Mount image
> > |  5) Back
> >
> > The write mode is specified as cdrtao in the config menu.  It looks to me
> > like something changed in wodim and bashburn has not been updated
> > accordingly.
> >
> > I think I will try cdrskin.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Fred
> >

> Hi,
> I tried cdrskin as Ben Oliver suggested and it worked like a champ on the
> first try!  Maybe I don't care about bashburn after all.
>
> Thanks for the help!
> Best regards,
> Fred

If bashburn and cdrskin can work together, you're likely to get serious
performance increase in terms of how your drive does the actual burning.
The system I'm now using hasn't got bashburn available otherwise I'd try
that out.  When I do a system install of debian not too long in the
future, I'll experiment and see if I can get it working.