Re: need help with bashburn

On 08/03/2018 03:18 PM, Fred wrote:
On 08/03/2018 02:14 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
On Fri, 3 Aug 2018, Greg Wooledge wrote:

Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 17:10:17
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: need help with bashburn

On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 05:07:38PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Try running typescript then run that final bashburn command then type
exit and read the message that flashes on the screen too fast in a file
called typescript on your hard drive.  Hope this helps. bashburn when
you get it working is a speed demon!
You mean script(1) for the command.  typescript is the name of the
(default) output file.

Right, and it's been a while since I ran bashburn and I had a similar
error. You have to link the iso before you can burn it with bashburn but
I forget the specifics on that one.
Hi,
I tried script, partial results follow:
+----------------+
| BashBurn 3.0.1 |
+----------------+

|-(ISO Menu)
|  0) Burn ISO
|  1) Create ISO from files in /tmp/burn
|  2) Create ISO from CD
|  3) Burn DVD image
|  4) Mount image
|  5) Back

    Your Choice? [0-5] |> 0
Not enabling overburn...
wodim: No write mode specified.
wodim: Assuming -tao mode.
wodim: Future versions of wodim may have different drive dependent defaults.
wodim: Badly placed option. Global options must be before any track.
Burning failed.
File(s) linked/copied to /tmp/burn ?
+----------------+
| BashBurn 3.0.1 |
+----------------+

|-(ISO Menu)
|  0) Burn ISO
|  1) Create ISO from files in /tmp/burn
|  2) Create ISO from CD
|  3) Burn DVD image
|  4) Mount image
|  5) Back

The write mode is specified as cdrtao in the config menu. It looks to me like something changed in wodim and bashburn has not been updated accordingly.

I think I will try cdrskin.

Best regards,
Fred

Hi,
I tried cdrskin as Ben Oliver suggested and it worked like a champ on the first try! Maybe I don't care about bashburn after all.

Thanks for the help!
Best regards,
Fred