Re: VPN suggestions?

On 07/10/2018 10:59 PM, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> writes:

Greetings;

I want to set up a VPN for several computers in my house
that are all on a local network.

And suggestions, hints, warnings?
Your question as stated doesn't really explain why you want a VPN, and
what you're planning to do with it.  All you've mentioned is a private
network; if that's all you're doing, there's no reason to have a virtual
private network on top of it.

FWIW, I've got a few machines at home that are networked, but get in
remotely from my laptop using a VPN.  It's hosted on one of my machines,
and I'm just using openvpn.

You seem to downplay a free VPN. What about TOR Browser?
Do you know anything about that? I would prefer not to have
the browsed address know who I am. I think (but I'm not sure)
that this is the function of TOR Browser.
Thanx for any info--doug