Re: terminal will not wak after hibernation

On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 05:27:44PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2018 20:32:03 +0100
> Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 7 Jul 2018 11:24:59 -0400
> > Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> > > The majority of machines can do suspend-to-RAM and/or
> > > suspend-to-disk and wake up smoothly afterwards.
> > >

> > I'll take your word for it. I've never seen such a combination. I give
> > suspend a try on my Gigabyte/AMD sid machine now and then, but it seems
> > to work for no more than two weeks in any year. Currently it is
> > leaving orphaned inodes, so I'm not experimenting too much.
> >
> > Years ago, I used to spend time fixing it, but after a while I realised
> > it would only break again a month later, so I've stopped bothering.
> > I've yet to see a laptop/netbook screen backlight come on again after
> > suspend...
>
> ?! Many people have suspend working fine (although many certainly
> don't); suspend-to-ram has been working flawlessly (AFAICT) out of the
> box on my Lenovo ThinkPad W550s.

In the APM days, Debian/Linux suspend was flawless for years.

Then ACPI came along and things have been iffy for a decade.

However, suspend-to-RAM (suspend, as opposed to hibernate) has worked
very well here (Lenovo X220) for the last few years.

Possibly OP/Joe has some customization he regularly implements,
causing his problem? IDK of course...

Good luck,