(solved) Re: how to remove a file and change dns server

Thank Ben!
i'm able to delete that file and let network manager manage resolv.conf
and on another PC i use special resolv.conf for vpn

Thanks to all those who reply!

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 6:56:31 AM GMT+8, Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz> wrote:

.tsil siht no noitnevnoc eht si gnitsop mottoB

On 09/07/18 19:12, Long Wind wrote:
>  Thank Ben! i just return home
> my old resolv.conf has that line too
> but i use twm and don't have easy gui app for Network Manager

You should be able to run nm-connection-editor manually at the command line.

> but i don't miss them

You do now.

> and could you help me delete that resolv.conf?

Unless you reconfigure NetworkManager, resolv.conf will just be
rewritten whenever NetworkManager makes a connection. I see two options:
either configure NetworkManager, or stop using it. You could mess with
the configuration files in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections, but I
recommend instead using nm-connection-editor.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director