Re: how to remove a file and change dns server

On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 12:55:21AM +0000, Long Wind wrote:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 51 May 15 20:52 /etc/resolv.conf
>
> i can't remove file above, the story behind it:

You don't WANT to remove that file!  If you do, you won't be able to
use DNS.

> dns servers are usually provided by isp
> but they can't be used with vpn
> so vpn provider told me to make a special resolv.conf
> which contains dns servers not provided isp

You probably want to look into the resolvconf package:

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/resolvconf
http://manpages.debian.org/resolvconf

Essentially, you have two things that both want to manage your resolv.conf
file for you: your DHCP client, and your VPN client.  You'll have to work
out how to make them coexist.  The resolvconf package in Debian is one
such way.