Re: unable to connect to database in MediaWiki 1.27.4 installation

On 2018-07-08 08:53, Sharon Kimble wrote:
I'm unable to get mediawiki from the repos working as it is consistently
failing at accessing the database as part of its configuration at the
beginning. I say 'consistently' as the same problem has occurred when
trying to install mediawiki from source, and this is a clean fresh
install so I think that it must be something in my /home because it is a
completely new fresh install. But what?

Can anyone give me some guidance here please, as I've been looking in my
/home for anything 'mariadb' or 'mysql'-like but without any success.

When I input my database details into
'http://localhost/mediawiki/mw-config/index.php?page=DBConnect' I get an
error message saying -

╭────
│DB connection error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (localhost).
│
│Check the host, username and password and try again.
╰────

To my thinking, its obviously comparing what I'm inputting into
something, and deciding that they don't match, so therefore giving me an
error message. But what is it comparing to?

Thanks
Sharon.

I don't know what error you get if mysqld is not running but best see if it is

"ps ax | grep mysql"

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31