Re: Gimp broken in Debian Sid?

On Sat, 7 Jul 2018 18:04:31 +0200
Thierry Rascle <thierr26@free.fr> wrote:

> I've tried purging Gimp and some dependencies, and then reinstalling
> Gimp but it still doesn't work:
>
>     apt-get purge ufraw gimp gimp-data gimp-ufraw libgimp2.0 \
>         libgimp2.0-dev libgimp2.0-doc
>
>     apt-get autoremove
>
>     apt-get install gimp

I've done this purge / autoremove / install sequence again, adding a
purge of the configuration files of absolutely all uninstalled packages
on my system after the autoremove, without success.

> I have two Debian sid installations: One main installation (on my
> internal hard drive) and a secondary installation (on an external USB
> hard drive). I dist-upgrade those two installations almost
> simultaneously, approximately once a week. So they're like twins. I
> don't use Gimp regularly on the secondary installation but I've
> verified: it's also affected by the problem.
>
> I will probably end up doing a system reinstall on the external
> hard drive and see what happens.

I've done a fresh install of Debian stable + dist-upgrade to Sid on my
external hard drive and Gimp works on this installation.

--
Thierry