Re: Separate /home directories etc?

On 07/06/2018 03:47 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

I abandoned WinXP when Jessie had become stable.
The installer defaults {I assume for cause} to putting every thing on one partition/directory.

Where may I read about pros/cons ?
TIA

On 07/06/2018 03:54 PM, Matthew Crews wrote:
Pros to keeping same partition together
Pros: less hassle
Cons: if your / partition drive fails, it takes /home with it

Separate partitions
Pros: if your / partition drive fails, it does not take /home with it
Pros: easier to run multiple distros
Cons: more hassle

That was succinct.