Re: Fwd: terminal will not wak after hibernation

On Sat, Jul 07, 2018 at 04:16:19PM -0400, Dave wrote:

> On 7/7/18 11:24 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 07, 2018 at 09:45:25AM -0400, Dave wrote:
> > > I wanted to know if this hibernation / waking issue can be solved by using
> > > more compatable motherboards, hardware, ect ... or is this issue prevelant
> > > regardless of the hardware and bios being used ?
> > It's a specific combination of motherboard, motherboard BIOS,
> > video card, and video driver.
> >
> > Unfortunately there are several such combinations, and new ones
> > occasionally appear.
> >
> > The majority of machines can do suspend-to-RAM and/or
> > suspend-to-disk and wake up smoothly afterwards.
> >
> > -dsr-
> >

> Would one of the newer Dell Power Spec Servers Work with Debian Linux
> Solving this "Non Wake display issue" ?  the Dells start at 1600.00 and go
> up from there.
> I have been Asking Debian-User list if there is a cheaper, easier or simpler
> fix , but no one has any definitive answers about this issue, I'm at the
> point of just buying a powerspec.

I guess my first question would be, why are you hibernating a
server?

All I can testify to is my own experience. I've seen Intel
CPU/GPU combinations fail to wake the display, but not since
Stretch started and possibly not for several years before that.
My wife's AMD cpu with an NVidia 1030 wakes properly.

-dsr-