Re: Looking for ratings of all-in-one printers for Linux (Ubuntu in particular)

On Sat, 07 Jul 2018 13:50:56 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

> I know there are probably multiple places where such ratings can be
> found. Not knowing which are reliable, I'm sort of asking for ratings of
> the ratings, I guess.  Mostly, though, I want ratings of recent models,
> from a Linux/Debian/Ubuntu perspective as opposed to the usual Windows
> slant.  I'm presuming the few machines that I dual-boot will be able to
> work with whatever printer I have.
>
> So, where to look?
>
> ++ kevin

I switched from HP to Brother several years ago and never regreted. The
quality of Brother All-in-One is way higher then HP crap. The Linux
support is excelent.

I used to own MFC 7460DN. I own currently HL-L2389DW wireless -e xcellent
unit. Any of them work under Ubuntu, Debian (my current distro), Fedora,
OpenSuse, etc. without a problem. Installation is a breeze. The drivers
available on Brother website.

Just check for support of a particular model on Brother Linux site before
buying here http://www.brother.com/html/product_support/index.htm