Re: Looking for ratings of all-in-one printers for Linux (Ubuntu in particular)

On 08/07/2018, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know there are probably multiple places where such ratings can be found.
> Not knowing which are reliable, I'm sort of asking for ratings of the
> ratings, I guess.  Mostly, though, I want ratings of recent models, from a
> Linux/Debian/Ubuntu perspective as opposed to the usual Windows slant.  I'm
> presuming the few machines that I dual-boot will be able to work with
> whatever printer I have.
>
> So, where to look?
>
> ++ kevin
>
> --
> Kevin O'Gorman
> #define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */

I  haven't looked aat it for a few years, but a site used to exist,
and it got somewhat out of date, so I found other resources, for
making the decision.

I had been using Samasung all-in one printers, for some years, with
Debian, and then, with Ubuntu, when and since I switched from Debian
to Ubuntu.

Lst year, or, the year before, apparently, HP bought out Samsung
Printing, so, Samsung printers are no longer available.

I would tend to go for an HP printer, now. The information about them
(and, check the specifications for any printer, before you buy it, to
confirm compatibility), shows them (or, the ones I recently
investigated, when we needed to replace one of our Samsung MFP's) to
be compatible with Linux (and, via WiFi, with Android and iOS
cellphones and tablets).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale