Re: Laptop recommendation

On 07/06/2018 07:47 AM, Charlie Gibbs wrote:
On 05/07/18 10:57 PM, Ben Oliver wrote:

On 18-07-06 08:43:44, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

Default answer to many folks these days⦂
https://puri.sm/

I think they are in the market for a used ThinkPad.

Here's another vote for used ThinkPads.  I'm on my second (a T410) and it works quite well.  A local shop sells refurbished ones for a good price.

IMHO ThinkPads are the only laptop with a keyboard worth using.  (I'm a fast touch typist - YMMV.)

Hi Charlie! I have a T430 and a T400 using one or the other they both feel the same, fantastic keyboard, but my old A31 is built like a tank and the keyboard is old school IBM, they don't make them like that any more and even today I enjoy using it. I needed HDMI and found a DELL Latitude E6430, built lake tank with a all metal frame, has the IBM keyboard and pointing stick, low power consumption I7-4 core, 16GB and the HDMI, I paid 250.00 cash for it. All of them look like new, no problems using linux software, firmware or drivers on any of them, all coast less than 300.00 and I got them on the local Craigslist and I see they serve us, canada, europe, asia/pacific/middle east, oceania, latin america and africa.
 https://www.craigslist.org/about/sites
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware 14.2-64 - KDE 4.14.32 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda9
Registered Linux User #380263