Re: Fwd: terminal will not wak after hibernation

On 7/5/18 10:23 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 09:34:48AM -0400, Dave wrote:
On 7/5/18 9:18 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 07:33:12PM -0400, Dave wrote:
after hibernation the terminal will not wake ( apparently, no signal )

the computer wakes, the keyboard lights up.

I just installed deb 9.4 amd / the bios was just updated.
By terminal, do you mean monitor?

If so:

1. ctrl-alt-F1
2. if that doesn't work, ctrl-alt-F2
3. if that doesn't work, can you ssh in from another machine?

The most likely issue is that your video card did not wake up
from hibernation properly.

There are various workarounds or fixes, depending on what kind
of video card.

-dsr-

Hello

I mean display, screen, monitor,
the Ctrl Alt F1 F2 does not seem to work.
I have the Radeon HD 6850
Can you SSH in from another machine?

If so, stopping and restarting the window manager (or the login
manager) might reset things.

This sort of thing has been fairly common over the years, and
the usual workaround is to add

chvt 2

to the hibernation script, which switches the video card out of
graphics mode and into text mode, after which the hibernation
continues and then when it resumes, you tap ctrl-alt-F1 or
similar to get back to your X11 session.

-dsr-

I cannot SSH in to this sytem.

I have tried Ctrl Alt F1 or F2 does not work.