Re: Claws-mail - which plugin for html mails?

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 10:07:04 -0400
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> Email was intended to be plain text. And since email is sent to a common
> server, which in turn relays it to every subscriber to the list
> regardless of where on the planet the recipient is, he is going to see
> it, and all your legal dept gets for appending a big if not the intended
> recipient, delete this unread, of course its only seen after reading
> that far down in the message that this is seen. The only thing the legal
> folks are getting out of such a message, is a paycheck that is a drain
> on your resources, there has not been a court rendering anyplace on the
> planet that I'm aware of ordering the reader of such a message to pay
> damages.

I think some of the purists in this thread are disgregarding Postel's
Law. It's all very nice to yearn after an ideal world in which no
serious mail is in HTML form, but in the real world, there's still a
fair bit of legitimate, even essential, mail that is. Do we really want
to drop all of it, falling on our swords in the name of abstract
principle?

Celejar