Re: Claws-mail - which plugin for html mails?

On Friday 29 June 2018 09:04:16 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 08:24:36AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I use a web browser to browse the web, but I use mutt to read and
> > send email.
>
> ...which of course is perfectly capable of calling out into a viewer
> for HTML (lynx or somesuch). But yeah...
>
> > The two things are completely separate for me.  And, I suspect, for
> > many other Debian users.
>
> Same for me, but see below.
>
> > If someone sends email which contains only HTML and not a textual
> > part, mutt shows me the raw HTML.  And then I delete the email,
> > because if they can't be bothered to send their words in an ordinary
> > plain text message [...]
>
> Sometimes you gotta compromise. I spent a short period of my life in
> a corporate environment. I may have lost what's left of my sparse
> sanity had I been forced to use Outlook.

Certainly a step in that direction.

> So I actually managed to get
> fetchmail to talk to their Exchange server (IMAP). Needless to say,
> most company mails were HTML (few people even knew that, and I was
> in the computer tech department!).
>
> My HTML viewer was html2text. Most probably immune to the
> vulnerability we're talking about, although I wouldn't bet my farm [1]
> on it :-)

Bet only what you can afford to lose.  And generally, that amount donated
to a charity will do more good.

> Cheers
> [1] that one I don't have :-)
> -- tomás

I don't consider this postage stamp of yellow clay a farm. But its been
paid off for 20+ years now.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)