Re: Problems installing MariaDB

On 06/29/2018 08:22 AM, Darac Marjal wrote:
On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 07:59:57AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
[snip]

Now, if you're not getting these prompts, then the best place to start is by choosing (again) the configuration of debconf. Run:

  # dpkg-reconfigure debconf

I did, choosing dialog and low priority.[snip]
Finally, once you've reconfigured debconf, try running:

# dpkg-reconfigure mariadb-server

On the terminal I ran that with root privileges.
NOTHING happened.
I.E. I was immediately given the root prompt

and you should get prompted for the default password.

That was what I desired but did not get.

I'm using Debian 9 with MATE.
I don't find anything related on the Applications nor System menus.
Help please.