Re: solved Re: Insertion of USB devices not being recognised.

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 08:21:16 +0000 (UTC)
Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

> On 2018-06-28, terryc <terryc@woa.com.au> wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Jun 2018 12:27:30 -0400
> > Jape Person <japers@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> My suggestion is late, and possibly not much of a contribution due
> >> to my not having read the entire thread.
> >>
> >> I have two motherboards which BIOS settings which allow the
> >> front-side USB ports to be set for charging only. Is there any
> >> possibility that such a setting is in effect on your motherboard?
> >
> > Idea welcome and I'll check it out.
> > The mobo manual talks about option to enable/disable individual usb
> > ports, but the reason(s) for this to be the cause for is ???
> >

> They're a security threat.

I was thinking about why it would switch off on my machine, but OTOH I
was once directed to go around a office and remove all trhe floppy
drives(when floppy drives = sneaker net) for the same reason. that was
an interesting period of office politics.