solved Re: Insertion of USB devices not being recognised.

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 21:57:33 +0200
deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> terryc wrote:
>
> > Mostly it is USB sticks for stuff to play/display on the TV & "noise
> > device"
>
> what do you see in dmesg when you plug in the device?
Nothing. that was the problem. it is hard to mount it if you don't know
what /dev/sd?? it is and although I "know" what it should be, unless it
is listed in dmesg, i can do nothing with it,

> What happens if you downgrade the kernel to the previous version?
Same situation, but it lead me to an unwelcome diagnose.
i extracted the machine and the back plane ports were working. so I
went back t 9.0.6(?) and it was the same.

The current diagnose is that the front usb ports have failed for data.
they work fine for power(mobile phone charging), but not for data.

Not impressed as the mobo is less than two years old.

Thanks for the help