Re: Audio - Dummy Output, except for root

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 8:39 AM, Borden Rhodes <jrvp@bordenrhodes.com> wrote:
> In my case. "timidity" was causing my problem. Within X, I did a "sudo kill
> timidity", and immediately my Volume control on the pane of KDE's Plasma
> desktop changed, and the volume control slider produced test clicks. I
> tried purging timidity, but it seems to want to take half of KDE with it,
> so I'm gonna hold off until tomorrow to tinker any more with it.
>
> Whew!

Yessir. The timidity update on 19 June messed up my sound, too. After
a frustrating few hours of troubleshooting I discovered that timidity
is hogging the sound server.

Which brings us to the obvious question of how do you get Pulse to
play nicely with Timidity?

This morning I removed "timidity" from the "audio" group, and rebooted. All seems well for me, but then, I don't use Timidity (to my knowledge - don't really know what it is). I do notice that a "ps ax | grep timidity" does not return anything.

--
Kent West                    <")))><