Re: hardware update boot trouble

Glenn English wrote:
> I've never seen anything like this before. Any ideas?
>
> My own thought is that something is hitting the SATAs before they are
> to be mounted, and something, somewhere is wrong with the SATAs. But I
> can't imagine what.

  you don't mention what file systems and file system
checks are saying (should be in your /var/log files
someplace).

  if you suspect something is grabbing them before your
desired setup, i'd go into fstab and check them all
as noauto and then i'd boot a recovery shell and see
what the UUIDs are and that they are correct and whatever
else you need to check for the file systems that they
are recovered correctly.  also that all needed devices
and modules are showing up on lsusb, lspci, etc.

  as i'm not into RAID or such you'll know that sort of
thing much better than i...

  songbird