Beowulf gone?

Hi folks,

I am interested in clustering a server for educacation purposes,  Asd far as I
remembewr, there had bbeen some debian packages called "beowulf" or so,

However, I may be wrong and saw them in SuSE-linux not in debian.

Today I found no beowqulf packages any more. Question: If Í want to create a
cluster,  are the "mpich"-packes today the correct choice? (Is mpich the
successor to beowulf?)

Please apologize, I still did not read much of the beowulf documentations, my
question is more aimed, if mpich is the preferred thing to take a look at or
not.

Thanks for any hints.

Best

Hans