timeout before file dialogs show up

This thing bugs me since a few months. I use XFCE on Debian sid. Whenever I click a menu item that opens a file dialog, be it open or save, the application freezes for exactly 25 seconds, then the file dialog shows up.

It happens with almost any GUI application, from LibreOffice to Thunderbird and Google Chrome.

If I run the program in a terminal it's the same, but at least I get an error in the terminal just after the 25 seconds expire:

Error creating proxy: error calling startservicebyname for org.gtk.vfs.GoaVolumeMonitor: timeout was reached (g-io-error-quark, 24)

The timeout happens only on the first file dialog opening for each program session, subsequent ones show up instantly. If I close the program and open it again, the problem shows up again on the first file dialog usage.

Googling for the error yields no exact results (only slightly different errors). The closer I get is

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-volumed/+bug/1347272

but, aside it being in Ubuntu and not Debian, it seems fixed in XFCE 4.11, and I'm running XFCE 4.12.

Any clue?