Re: How to diagnose and report a bug

On 16/06/18 01:30, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> In pcmanfm's address bar, [...]
>> [...]
>> Any recomendations on how to diagnose and report this bug?
>
> Since there is a package with name "pcmanfm", there is also a tracker page
> for it
>   https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/pcmanfm
>
> Registered maintainer contact is the mailing list
>   pkg-lxde-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
> There seems to be life
>   https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-lxde-maintainers/2018-June/thread.html

I wouldn't trust that either it will be around long, or that anyone
useful is reading it - it was supposed to be turned off on 14 April:

https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-lxde-maintainers/2018-April/001964.html

links to:
https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-lxde-maintainers/attachments/20180402/4b96edbc/attachment.ksh

> So you could ask there for advise, or you could file a bug for package
> "pcmanfm" by following the description at
>   https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
> This bug report will appear on the mailing list.

I'd choose the bug report.

I've cc'd the uploaders, with a view to getting the maintainer email set
correctly.

Richard