Re: Print Queues and KVM/virt-manager virtual Windows machines

> Which strikes me as a bug, not a feature. I'm not familiar with the USB
> specification but it seems to me that sharing USB ports, speakers,
> microphones, network ports, etc. should all be possible. While one host, the
> hypervisor, may control the actual port, others should be able to
> communicate with it via a virtual port that the hypervisor provides.

Virtualization can only be done based on higher-level knowledge of
the protocol.

But yes: you should be able to "pass" this particular USB device to one
of your virtual machines.

> The problem there is that many (all?) printer manufacturers provide Windows
> programs that offer more features than the CUPS drivers provide.

And these will typically use ad-hoc proprietary protocols :-(

        Stefan