Re: new install of amd64, 9-4 from iso #1

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 16:44:16 -0400 Gene Heskett sent:

> Greetings all;
>
> I have the dvd written, and a new 2T drive currently occupying
> the /dev/sdc slot.
>
> What I want, since the drive has been partitioned to /boot, /home, /,
> and swap, is 1; for this install to not touch any other drive
> currently mounted, and 2; use the partitions I've already setup on
> this new drive without arguing with me.
>
> and 3: to  treat the grub install as if there are no other drives
> hooked up. I don't need grub to fill half the boot screen with data
> from the other drives.
>
> How do I best achieve that?

	After contemplation, my reply is:

	The installer will allow you to bypass any partitions you don't
	wish to acknowledge or touch. The others it will use if so
	instructed for the purposes you specify.

If it was me, though it might not be required, /boot, /home, /, and
swap, you have created would be formatted by the installer. Just to be
sure to be sure. I do it this way, but as stated, probably not required.

I'm unsure about the GRUB controls and just how much it shows without
actually asking it to show these? It has been a long time since I put
anything but one Debian operating system on a disk. Also probably in
ways that are not necessarily correct or required.

Sorry I can't help you more.
Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in
	it. ...Ralph Waldo Emerson

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.