Re: File managers show files and directories in reverse order.........

On Tue, 29 May 2018 13:26:37 +1200 Ben Caradoc-Davies sent:

> On 29/05/18 13:08, Charlie S wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> > 	Suddenly my file managers show the files in reverse order to
> > 	the norm, i.e directories on top and individual files
> > beneath. Don't know how it was accidentally done?
> > Using FVWM - Debian Stretch
> > Any clues where I might configure this to return it to what is was
> > would be appreciated.
> > TIA
> > Charlie
>
> Which file manager are you using? Thunar (the default for Xfce) has a
> checkbox option Edit / Preferences / Display / "Sort folders before
> files".
>
> Thunar also allows you to change the sort order by toggling the "\/"
> (descending) or "/\" (ascending) at the end of the column heading
> label, but I think your problem is more like that fixed by the
> checkbox above.

Thanks for your prompt answer Ben. I use MC and that's fine.

But when I go Ctrl-O when in Kate or Lyx the order is reversed. Can't
get an answer from the Lyx list. It must be a file manager accessed by
these two.

Libreoffice and Okular don't reverse the order.

When the window opens there is no option other than list view - detail
view or new folder. Very sparse.

I might have to set the file-manager in my profile or .bashrc, but
don't know the way to do that.

Thank You,
Charlie

	After contemplation, my reply is:

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	A fallen flower Flew back to its branch! No, it was a
	butterfly. .....Moritake

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.