Re: UEFI/"BIOS" booting

Le 15/05/2018 à 03:37, David Wright a écrit :

But GRUB is not the only available bootloader.

No.

It's difficult to divine which bootloaders the author is familiar with.
My own experience of the last twenty years is limited to Lilo and Grub.

Same here. I would not trust LILO any more now because it uses hardcoded blocklists to read files, just like GRUB does when embedding is not possible, which is considered unreliable.

I remember reading about coreboot some years ago, but I doubt I'm ever
going to meet it. Are you suggesting others?

AFAIK, Coreboot is a replacement for platform firmware (BIOS), not an installable boot loader.

I have never used it, but it seems that syslinux supports GPT and EFI.
Also I have read positive reports about rEFInd for EFI boot.