Re: Problem with Firefox Quantum v-650.0

On Fri, 11 May 2018 11:06:54 -0400 Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 07:55:24PM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 May 2018 13:00:27 -0400 "Stephen P. Molnar"
> > <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > That should be firefox not /firefox.
>
> No, Stephen changed to a particular directory and wants to make
> sure that the firefox executable in this directory is run.
>
> ./firefox is correct.
>
> firefox by itself would search the PATH, and no proper PATH
> includes ".", although his might include "/opt/firefox".

Sorry. I didn't see the "dot" before the slash.  I use a texted based
email client, and the "dot" is very small, only one pixel.   Just
missed it.  With the "dot," of course, the line is correct.