Re: messed up release in apt

On 2018-04-30, Anil Duggirala <anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I  removed all backported packages. Then did apt-get autoremove. Then
> removed the jessie-backports line from sources.list. I appear to have
> come back to my original system. However I am now getting an error on
> apt update.
> W: http://security.debian.org/debian-security/dists/stretch/updates/InR
> elease: The key(s) in the keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg are ignored as
> the file is not readable by user '_apt' executing apt-key.
> W: http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch-updates/InRelease: The
> key(s) in the keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg are ignored as the file is
> not readable by user '_apt' executing apt-key.
> W: http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/Release.gpg: The
> key(s) in the keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg are ignored as the file is
> not readable by user '_apt' executing apt-key.
>
> Any help on that?
> thanks!

I'm uncertain.

If it were my machine (so that if I sank it I would be the only one to
go down with the ship), I might run:

 'apt-key update'

after removing

 '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg'

This gleaned from the innertubes.

Maybe someone more knowledgable will pipe up.

--
"Three prisoners were locked in a cell. When the largest of them finished his
food, he immediately ate the others. Too bad. An apostrophe in the right place